Madison Grant/Cromwell on race
-
HoratioSeymour
- Posts: 30
- Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2026 1:40 pm
Madison Grant/Cromwell on race
The other day, I heard Cromwell in a video mention Madison Grant, so I got curious. I've been reading Madison Grant's The Passing of the Great Race.
It's chilling to read him and see how perfectly he described the future. When he wrote about Italians, he wasn't just engaging in historical theory; he was issuing a direct warning to America.
He argued that by allowing millions of southern europeans in, we were importing the very traits that led to the decay of ancient Rome: emotional volatility, low impulse control, and a lack of the forward-thinking Northern European spirit. He saw that these people weren't just coming for a better life; they were coming because their own homelands were products of their own racial limitations.
Now look at our cities. Look at the crime rates, the political corruption, the decline in standards. Grant saw this coming a hundred years ago when the US began to define itself as a nation of immigrants. He also predicted that Black people would become a future social problem for the US.
What do you all think about this? For me, the problems are now much worse and I would obviously never even compare the immigrants coming now to the Italians, but I have noticed that what Cromwell calls "ethnic whites" do really still define themselves by their ethnicity such as Italian-American. Hell, even the Irish Catholics do that!
In the US, most Southern Whites are of English or British ancestry broadly, followed by German and Dutch.
I live in NYC, and I definitely notice differences between Italian whites and regular "anglo" americans.
Any thoughts?
It's chilling to read him and see how perfectly he described the future. When he wrote about Italians, he wasn't just engaging in historical theory; he was issuing a direct warning to America.
He argued that by allowing millions of southern europeans in, we were importing the very traits that led to the decay of ancient Rome: emotional volatility, low impulse control, and a lack of the forward-thinking Northern European spirit. He saw that these people weren't just coming for a better life; they were coming because their own homelands were products of their own racial limitations.
Now look at our cities. Look at the crime rates, the political corruption, the decline in standards. Grant saw this coming a hundred years ago when the US began to define itself as a nation of immigrants. He also predicted that Black people would become a future social problem for the US.
What do you all think about this? For me, the problems are now much worse and I would obviously never even compare the immigrants coming now to the Italians, but I have noticed that what Cromwell calls "ethnic whites" do really still define themselves by their ethnicity such as Italian-American. Hell, even the Irish Catholics do that!
In the US, most Southern Whites are of English or British ancestry broadly, followed by German and Dutch.
I live in NYC, and I definitely notice differences between Italian whites and regular "anglo" americans.
Any thoughts?
- ZombieVampir
- Posts: 21
- Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2026 3:23 pm
- Location: Scotland
Re: Madison Grant/Cromwell on race
I can't comment on American Day to Day life, However here in the UK we're starting to feel the effects of Unlimited Immigration. Especially our Welfare system and the NHS. Most of our Cultural shift is from Muslim Cultures. White British are just above half of Births.
Scotland has had less immigration than England, Halal food is still commonly served, Burkas are "normal" to see, I've started seeing Teenage and young adult Women wearing small headwear, usually a Bandana or similar. I'm assuming the last one is a Tiktok trend, Non Muslims here are not religious enough to Viel outside of Orthodox or Catholic Churches, They are usually breaking every other Tznuit rule if they're married Orthodox Jews, and I think some Pagans Veil.
I'm not mad at The Headwear, It's just interesting. Scottish traditional wear has something similar, but I haven't seen one in Tartan, let alone the Regional Tartan and nobody here cares about our Traditional Culture if it doesn't involve a Man in a Skirt.
I can't comment on the South Asian "Thugs and Gangs" thee British Right wing mentions as I live in a Historically Rough area
Although I am Ethnic White, I do Call myself Ulster-Scots, I haven't met many other Ulster-Scots, But there are noticeable differences between Scots and White Non-Scots.
Scotland has had less immigration than England, Halal food is still commonly served, Burkas are "normal" to see, I've started seeing Teenage and young adult Women wearing small headwear, usually a Bandana or similar. I'm assuming the last one is a Tiktok trend, Non Muslims here are not religious enough to Viel outside of Orthodox or Catholic Churches, They are usually breaking every other Tznuit rule if they're married Orthodox Jews, and I think some Pagans Veil.
I'm not mad at The Headwear, It's just interesting. Scottish traditional wear has something similar, but I haven't seen one in Tartan, let alone the Regional Tartan and nobody here cares about our Traditional Culture if it doesn't involve a Man in a Skirt.
I can't comment on the South Asian "Thugs and Gangs" thee British Right wing mentions as I live in a Historically Rough area
Although I am Ethnic White, I do Call myself Ulster-Scots, I haven't met many other Ulster-Scots, But there are noticeable differences between Scots and White Non-Scots.
-
Casus_Conscientiae
- Posts: 27
- Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2026 11:39 am
Re: Madison Grant/Cromwell on race
It might interest you to know that of all, there cannot be such things as biologically real and biologically objective human races other than discrete subspecies which are biologically, zoologically, and ontologically discontinuous from each other in every respect in which they are biologically, zoologically, and ontologically different from each other. I have discovered a truly remarkable proof of this theorem, in: viewtopic.php?t=103.
Note: By discontinuous I mean when a given multitude of things stands in such a relation to each other that on any side on which any two of the things in that given multitude differ from each other, there cannot be placed between these two any such third differing thing in that given multitude that the third such thing differs from each of the first two individually less than the first two differ from each other.
And the warning must be given over and over again, that identical efficient causes produce identical effects.
Note: By discontinuous I mean when a given multitude of things stands in such a relation to each other that on any side on which any two of the things in that given multitude differ from each other, there cannot be placed between these two any such third differing thing in that given multitude that the third such thing differs from each of the first two individually less than the first two differ from each other.
And the warning must be given over and over again, that identical efficient causes produce identical effects.
-
HoratioSeymour
- Posts: 30
- Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2026 1:40 pm
Re: Madison Grant/Cromwell on race
How do you feel in general about the welfare system in Britain? Like do you feel it should remain and help British people only or? It´s a big debate here in the US, but personally, I'm actually not against welfare IF it helps local people only. A lot of American conservatives are more libertarian and hate social intervention, but I don't see it as a bad thing necessarily.ZombieVampir wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2026 5:20 am I can't comment on American Day to Day life, However here in the UK we're starting to feel the effects of Unlimited Immigration. Especially our Welfare system and the NHS. Most of our Cultural shift is from Muslim Cultures. White British are just above half of Births.
Scotland has had less immigration than England, Halal food is still commonly served, Burkas are "normal" to see, I've started seeing Teenage and young adult Women wearing small headwear, usually a Bandana or similar. I'm assuming the last one is a Tiktok trend, Non Muslims here are not religious enough to Viel outside of Orthodox or Catholic Churches, They are usually breaking every other Tznuit rule if they're married Orthodox Jews, and I think some Pagans Veil.
I'm not mad at The Headwear, It's just interesting. Scottish traditional wear has something similar, but I haven't seen one in Tartan, let alone the Regional Tartan and nobody here cares about our Traditional Culture if it doesn't involve a Man in a Skirt.
I can't comment on the South Asian "Thugs and Gangs" thee British Right wing mentions as I live in a Historically Rough area
Although I am Ethnic White, I do Call myself Ulster-Scots, I haven't met many other Ulster-Scots, But there are noticeable differences between Scots and White Non-Scots.
As for Ulster-Scots, here in the US there was a pretty strong presence of their descendants, still are in parts of the rural south. Me personally I can trace my ancestors to Germany and Britain though, but not Scotland specifically.
I was in the UK like 10 years ago, only in England though and back then I did notice the Muslim presence, but there were also loads of immigrants from the EU. How do you feel about EU immigrants specifically like Poles, Italians, Spanish, etc?
Re: Madison Grant/Cromwell on race
I grew up in the South and (according to 23AndMe) my ancestry is +90% English, Scottish and Irish. I've been told that I'm Scots-Irish (Ulster Scot), but I have no ties to the UK.HoratioSeymour wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2026 4:55 pm The other day, I heard Cromwell in a video mention Madison Grant, so I got curious. I've been reading Madison Grant's The Passing of the Great Race.
It's chilling to read him and see how perfectly he described the future. When he wrote about Italians, he wasn't just engaging in historical theory; he was issuing a direct warning to America.
He argued that by allowing millions of southern europeans in, we were importing the very traits that led to the decay of ancient Rome: emotional volatility, low impulse control, and a lack of the forward-thinking Northern European spirit. He saw that these people weren't just coming for a better life; they were coming because their own homelands were products of their own racial limitations.
Now look at our cities. Look at the crime rates, the political corruption, the decline in standards. Grant saw this coming a hundred years ago when the US began to define itself as a nation of immigrants. He also predicted that Black people would become a future social problem for the US.
What do you all think about this? For me, the problems are now much worse and I would obviously never even compare the immigrants coming now to the Italians, but I have noticed that what Cromwell calls "ethnic whites" do really still define themselves by their ethnicity such as Italian-American. Hell, even the Irish Catholics do that!
In the US, most Southern Whites are of English or British ancestry broadly, followed by German and Dutch.
I live in NYC, and I definitely notice differences between Italian whites and regular "anglo" americans.
Any thoughts?
The only Italians I met were a couple in grad school, and they more or less seemed fine to me. They were short and liberal, but otherwise normal.
Forecasting problems with blacks seems interesting. They wouldn't have had social security at the time. Another author around that time, Hoffman, thought that blacks would eventually disappear. Without social assistance programs or affirmative action/DEI, he may have been right.
- ZombieVampir
- Posts: 21
- Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2026 3:23 pm
- Location: Scotland
Re: Madison Grant/Cromwell on race
I Can't figure out the Quote feature.
I have mixed opinions about the Welfare state here. Its common for new Immigrants and for Born Citizens, Both are problems. We give Illegal Migrants cushy Hotels with free food, and recently Full newly built Houses. I've had Conversations with Immigrants where they talked about new Immigrants showing up and taking Benefits.
I believe to be eligible for Benefits from a State, you should either be a Citizen or Married to a Citizen.
We got alot of both legal and Illegal Immigrants during Boris Johnson's Time in Number 10. I've never met, seen or heard alot of Eastern Europeans where I live before the Russian-Ukrainian War. We Scots have had good relations and immigration between Poland for centuries,vast majority are hard working and contribute to Society. The Arabs and South Asians not Integrating are mostly a London, Birmingham and Glasgow issue.
I haven't met any Italians, French or Spanish, and I haven't heard of anyone having a problem with them.
My first post here was a tad Ranty. I'm not good at expanding my Arguments instead of stating a Small Sentence. I Struggle with getting Ideas from my head into Sentences, although I'm getting better.
I have mixed opinions about the Welfare state here. Its common for new Immigrants and for Born Citizens, Both are problems. We give Illegal Migrants cushy Hotels with free food, and recently Full newly built Houses. I've had Conversations with Immigrants where they talked about new Immigrants showing up and taking Benefits.
I believe to be eligible for Benefits from a State, you should either be a Citizen or Married to a Citizen.
We got alot of both legal and Illegal Immigrants during Boris Johnson's Time in Number 10. I've never met, seen or heard alot of Eastern Europeans where I live before the Russian-Ukrainian War. We Scots have had good relations and immigration between Poland for centuries,vast majority are hard working and contribute to Society. The Arabs and South Asians not Integrating are mostly a London, Birmingham and Glasgow issue.
I haven't met any Italians, French or Spanish, and I haven't heard of anyone having a problem with them.
My first post here was a tad Ranty. I'm not good at expanding my Arguments instead of stating a Small Sentence. I Struggle with getting Ideas from my head into Sentences, although I'm getting better.
-
HoratioSeymour
- Posts: 30
- Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2026 1:40 pm
Re: Madison Grant/Cromwell on race
Ah no worries for the quote just click on the quotation mark on the top right. Welfare for migrants sounds insane to me, but the part about the houses is just not only insane but infuriating. Yeah, I think its only fair either be a citizen or at least married to one!ZombieVampir wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2026 12:33 pm I Can't figure out the Quote feature.
I have mixed opinions about the Welfare state here. Its common for new Immigrants and for Born Citizens, Both are problems. We give Illegal Migrants cushy Hotels with free food, and recently Full newly built Houses. I've had Conversations with Immigrants where they talked about new Immigrants showing up and taking Benefits.
I believe to be eligible for Benefits from a State, you should either be a Citizen or Married to a Citizen.
We got alot of both legal and Illegal Immigrants during Boris Johnson's Time in Number 10. I've never met, seen or heard alot of Eastern Europeans where I live before the Russian-Ukrainian War. We Scots have had good relations and immigration between Poland for centuries,vast majority are hard working and contribute to Society. The Arabs and South Asians not Integrating are mostly a London, Birmingham and Glasgow issue.
I haven't met any Italians, French or Spanish, and I haven't heard of anyone having a problem with them.
My first post here was a tad Ranty. I'm not good at expanding my Arguments instead of stating a Small Sentence. I Struggle with getting Ideas from my head into Sentences, although I'm getting better.
Here in the US, most immigration is Mexican or Latino in general but it really depends on the area. The southwest is pretty much an extension of Mexico these days, while the northeast is heavily mixed not just with latinos but also Asians and people from India. Here in NYC whites are a minority, and if you count as white only those who are of northern European descent, then the number plummets even further. There used to be on the Upper East Side what are known in America as "wasps" (white anglo saxon protestants) and they were from old moneyed families, but now they've mostly been replaced by Jews.
Re: Madison Grant/Cromwell on race
Confirming this observation. If you went down to San Antonio, you'd question whether Americans actually won the Mexican-American War. Just a little ways north and the Austin and Dallas metros are turning into Mumbai.HoratioSeymour wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2026 4:30 am Here in the US, most immigration is Mexican or Latino in general but it really depends on the area. The southwest is pretty much an extension of Mexico these days, while the northeast is heavily mixed not just with latinos but also Asians and people from India.
Frisco Texas, a suburb of the Dallas-Fort Worth metro, is infamous for the Costco video.
Also, some fraud of a mayoral candidate there tried to organize a protest against rednecks, and I'm happy to know that counter-protestors outnumbered the "doctors and engineers" and many were exercising their 2nd amendment right, legally carrying a firearm.
-
Ridge Rider
- Posts: 19
- Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2026 12:57 pm
Re: Madison Grant/Cromwell on race
I haven't read Madison Grant until now that I looked him up but I can confirm that here in the south most of us white folk have British ancestry, especially Scotch-Irish. And yeah there's lots of ignorance because our ancestors were also not happy with immigration from the Euro continent, especially Eastern Europe and Jews.
Hell, even the KKK didn't want Catholics or Italians for a long while until they got desperate because of dwindling numbers and admitted them lol.
Hell, even the KKK didn't want Catholics or Italians for a long while until they got desperate because of dwindling numbers and admitted them lol.