Hi from Colombia
-
Jose_Reales
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2026 6:39 pm
Hi from Colombia
I'm myself a very stubborn student. I'm 17 years old and I know all what I want to do. I'm here because I want to understand the reason behind the arguments, axioms, proofs and in general everthing close to me . I want to say that even knowing my desire for math I need to reinforce all my knowledge
-
justcruising
- Posts: 30
- Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2026 7:07 pm
Re: Hi from Colombia
very interesting to have an international presence here! I´ve never been out to Colombia but it sounds like an interesting place from what I´ve heard.
-
Jose_Reales
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2026 6:39 pm
Re: Hi from Colombia
I am still self-taught. I arrived here as a consequence of asking high-level questions and—in the case of my school—receiving very low-level answers. My friend jokes about my speed in mental arithmetic, but when I ask him to prove something using his own intuition and understanding, he freezes up. For example, he likes kinematic equations, whereas I never cared for the algorithm itself; I focused on the identity behind the formulas applied in kinematics—for instance, the relationship between the acceleration of a body and the time required to yield a change in velocity. I like algebra; I am not the best at it, but I must say I have spent up to 14 or 17 hours trying to understand and reconstruct a small fragment of the ocean that constitutes abstract algebra. (I simply reformulated, multiple times, the mechanism behind binary operations and what happens to a set of elements under transformations S and T, where S produces an output on a set of elements x, and T produces an output on x as well. In my central problem, I had to prove whether T(S(x)) was equal to S(T(x)); it was not). In conclusion, regarding this part, I seek guidance. I know I should not explicitly ask for 'free' guidance because the world does not work that way, but I genuinely need an education that keeps me far from the mediocrity of mechanical processes that lack deep questioning. On the other hand, Colombia is not as great a country as people are led to believe: a lot of incompetence, selfishness, arrogance, and ambition are hidden in everyday people, who spend their days staring into mall display windows at mass-consumed products designed as socio-attentional devices.