Search found 20 matches
- Sat Sep 19, 2026 10:08 pm
- Forum: Mathematics
- Topic: using math software to learn math
- Replies: 6
- Views: 388
Re: using math software to learn math
Alazor, what do you like about them? Im just curious since recently getting some math courses.
I think math software is one of the best things available to people who want to explore mathematics without making everything a pen-and-paper exercise.
What I especially like is being able to ...
- Sat Sep 19, 2026 7:13 pm
- Forum: Current Events
- Topic: Making It Harder For Legal Immigrants to Find Work
- Replies: 9
- Views: 15232
Re: Making It Harder For Legal Immigrants to Find Work
I disagree that legal vs. illegal immigration does not make a difference. If immigrants play by the rules, they should be here. If not - then not. Some legal immigrants served in the US military to become legal, for example. I am not sure about the whole minority business enterprise (MBE) thing ...
- Thu Sep 17, 2026 2:22 am
- Forum: Mathematics
- Topic: Quaternions & Quaternion Algebra (Intro & Discussion)
- Replies: 1
- Views: 251
Re: Quaternions & Quaternion Algebra (Intro & Discussion)
Cool - so 4 dimensions! I am not sure how to apply Quaternions; they probably will work well in physics and rocket science!
- Sun Sep 13, 2026 6:20 pm
- Forum: Politics & Society
- Topic: Protecting human life and the sanctity of marriage in Virginia
- Replies: 1
- Views: 296
- Mon Sep 07, 2026 9:43 pm
- Forum: Mathematics
- Topic: using math software to learn math
- Replies: 6
- Views: 388
Re: using math software to learn math
I like Microsoft Mathematics and I know of 3 different softwares, apps, and addons with the same name. I like them a lot.
- Sat Aug 01, 2026 9:48 pm
- Forum: Mathematics
- Topic: Reviewing Alfred Cromwell's Higher Algebra Book and what I saw that may need to be revised erratas
- Replies: 8
- Views: 3116
Re: Reviewing Alfred Cromwell's Higher Algebra Book and what I saw that may need to be revised erratas
I would still get the book. It's not like he's jumping right into matrices initially or anything like that. If you've done polynomials and factoring - that's where it starts.HoratioSeymour wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2026 4:19 am Awesome! Thanks for responding. I've done Algebra 1 before only though, and in a public school.
- Thu Jul 30, 2026 4:08 am
- Forum: Mathematics
- Topic: Reviewing Alfred Cromwell's Higher Algebra Book and what I saw that may need to be revised erratas
- Replies: 8
- Views: 3116
Re: Reviewing Alfred Cromwell's Higher Algebra Book and what I saw that may need to be revised erratas
Hey, Horatio Seymour,
I would say it may take some time to review the Algebra, he uses short-hand methods of doing the Algebra. I did the adding Polynomials, Subtracting Polynomials, and part of the Multiplying Polynomials sections of the book. I've only really hit the tip of the iceberg. It's not ...
I would say it may take some time to review the Algebra, he uses short-hand methods of doing the Algebra. I did the adding Polynomials, Subtracting Polynomials, and part of the Multiplying Polynomials sections of the book. I've only really hit the tip of the iceberg. It's not ...
- Wed Jul 29, 2026 9:05 am
- Forum: Off Topic
- Topic: Fluoride is apparently bad for your health and it is being covered up?
- Replies: 2
- Views: 597
Fluoride is apparently bad for your health and it is being covered up?
Apparently, you can't even say this on Facebook. It is some sort of money-making business.
- Wed Jul 29, 2026 9:00 am
- Forum: Mathematics
- Topic: Karatsuba's Method for Multiplying Polynomials? Is it even possible?
- Replies: 0
- Views: 2590
Karatsuba's Method for Multiplying Polynomials? Is it even possible?
For those who don't know Karatsuba's Method for Multiplying Numbers, here is a Wiki here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karatsuba_algorithm
If you have Alfred Cromwell's Higher Algebra book, you will know that you can multiply certain polynomials using mainly the coefficients. The question though ...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karatsuba_algorithm
If you have Alfred Cromwell's Higher Algebra book, you will know that you can multiply certain polynomials using mainly the coefficients. The question though ...
- Wed Jul 29, 2026 8:53 am
- Forum: Mathematics
- Topic: Reviewing Alfred Cromwell's Higher Algebra Book and what I saw that may need to be revised erratas
- Replies: 8
- Views: 3116
Reviewing Alfred Cromwell's Higher Algebra Book and what I saw that may need to be revised erratas
Top-left of page 36 example has a typo: should be 2 x^2 instead of x^2.
Some writing on top of page 99.
Question #9 in examples II, the square root was not printed correctly.
Answer Key V Ex. III question #14 and #16 answers, the square roots were not printed well.
Answer Key Ex V Question #9 ...
Some writing on top of page 99.
Question #9 in examples II, the square root was not printed correctly.
Answer Key V Ex. III question #14 and #16 answers, the square roots were not printed well.
Answer Key Ex V Question #9 ...