I would say the breadth and depth of Einstein's work earns him respect as a physicist, though I don't appreciate the rise of celebrity worship in our culture no matter how successful one becomes.
The one's I can't stand are the tech overlords, most of whom aren't even that smart but bask in the ...
Search found 4 matches
- Fri Jun 12, 2026 4:25 pm
- Forum: History & Culture
- Topic: Has Einstein Become the Most Overrated Intellectual Figure in Modern History?
- Replies: 13
- Views: 28510
- Tue Jun 09, 2026 3:38 pm
- Forum: Christian Theology
- Topic: Relationship between math and Christianity
- Replies: 4
- Views: 88196
Relationship between math and Christianity
I’m curious how people view the relationship between math and Christianity. Is math the language of the divine? Does studying math bring one closer to God, and is the mind of man truly capable of understanding creation (perhaps not as a whole, but in terms of how it functions through the laws of ...
- Tue Jun 09, 2026 12:18 pm
- Forum: Education & Tutoring
- Topic: On “general education” courses
- Replies: 5
- Views: 5869
Re: On “general education” courses
I agree with you that these courses are almost always an insult to the true ideal of a liberal arts education.
I view these courses as a way the universities make their money. It allows them to hire dimwitted professors that have no real value to offer students, drags out a degree that could have ...
I view these courses as a way the universities make their money. It allows them to hire dimwitted professors that have no real value to offer students, drags out a degree that could have ...
- Mon Jun 08, 2026 1:44 pm
- Forum: Politics & Society
- Topic: What are the limits of democratic government?
- Replies: 5
- Views: 7263
Re: What are the limits of democratic government?
Due to the number of decisions that need to be made in governing, representatives usually get elected and you end up with with a republic which is often supposed to adhere to a constitution. But in the U.S., politicians make promises, get elected, and neither obey the constitution nor the will of ...