Search found 41 matches

by mwtichen
Sun Sep 20, 2026 11:14 am
Forum: Current Events
Topic: Making It Harder For Legal Immigrants to Find Work
Replies: 9
Views: 15232

Re: Making It Harder For Legal Immigrants to Find Work


I disagree that legal vs. illegal immigration does not make a difference. If immigrants play by the rules, they should be here. If not - then not. Some legal immigrants served in the US military to become legal, for example. I am not sure about the whole minority business enterprise (MBE) thing ...
by mwtichen
Sat Aug 29, 2026 5:37 pm
Forum: Mathematics
Topic: Ancient Concept of 0 Identified with Infinity, NOT Nothing
Replies: 3
Views: 386

Re: Ancient Concept of 0 Identified with Infinity, NOT Nothing


An old Roman Proverb, I.e whatever the collective ("the people" in the objective and general sense) does [or ends up doing], it must be the way by which God speaks. Hence why I think that so many today do not realize that our decisions we make as a collective people quite literally set the ...
by mwtichen
Fri Aug 28, 2026 10:46 am
Forum: Christian Theology
Topic: Carl Jung's ideas on how religion affects human psychology
Replies: 8
Views: 7215

Re: Carl Jung's ideas on how religion affects human psychology

maxirater wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2026 4:57 am I took an online course by Jason Seiler which I found helpful on making professional quality charactures, you should check it out:
https://schoolism.com/courses/drawing/t ... son-seiler
Thanks for the link.
by mwtichen
Thu Aug 27, 2026 12:54 pm
Forum: Mathematics
Topic: Ancient Concept of 0 Identified with Infinity, NOT Nothing
Replies: 3
Views: 386

Re: Ancient Concept of 0 Identified with Infinity, NOT Nothing

I've been reading a bit of Spengler's Decline of the West. If anything, this post is just confirming the idea of a world-feeling and how it differs between civilizations.
by mwtichen
Thu Aug 27, 2026 12:44 pm
Forum: Christian Theology
Topic: Carl Jung's ideas on how religion affects human psychology
Replies: 8
Views: 7215

Re: Carl Jung's ideas on how religion affects human psychology


I spent many years of my life teaching myself 3D graphics only to find out that the industry is closed to very sub par artists by gatekeepers who run the major studios.


So how far did you get into this? Were you trying to get into 3D animation? Was the gatekeeping an instance of DEI ...
by mwtichen
Wed Aug 26, 2026 12:13 pm
Forum: Christian Theology
Topic: Carl Jung's ideas on how religion affects human psychology
Replies: 8
Views: 7215

Re: Carl Jung's ideas on how religion affects human psychology

That channel looks like AI slop, as in a content creator used AI/LLMs to generate the 5-10 second video clips, create the script for the video, and narrate the video. I would avoid this kind of stuff, not necessarily because all Jungian ideas are wrong (some maybe right), but because it's rewarding ...
by mwtichen
Sat Aug 22, 2026 10:43 am
Forum: Off Topic
Topic: Feeling broken
Replies: 3
Views: 464

Re: Feeling broken

At the risk of giving a black and white answer, I'll shoot. Whatever happened yesterday already happened. Today's a new day, and I'm going to assume you're still alive somewhere. Life will go on.
by mwtichen
Sat Aug 15, 2026 7:58 pm
Forum: Education & Tutoring
Topic: Are "smart" students really all that smart?
Replies: 6
Views: 1557

Re: Are "smart" students really all that smart?

Being "smart" just means having the ability to learn relatively faster than others. So while you have to be a little smart to be successful, there are other traits that lead to success, like persistence. Quite often the academically gifted kids give up prematurely, because they're not used to ...
by mwtichen
Thu Aug 13, 2026 4:55 pm
Forum: Off Topic
Topic: Madison Grant/Cromwell on race
Replies: 8
Views: 1846

Re: Madison Grant/Cromwell on race


Here in the US, most immigration is Mexican or Latino in general but it really depends on the area. The southwest is pretty much an extension of Mexico these days, while the northeast is heavily mixed not just with latinos but also Asians and people from India.


Confirming this observation. If ...
by mwtichen
Fri Aug 07, 2026 10:09 am
Forum: Off Topic
Topic: Madison Grant/Cromwell on race
Replies: 8
Views: 1846

Re: Madison Grant/Cromwell on race


The other day, I heard Cromwell in a video mention Madison Grant, so I got curious. I've been reading Madison Grant's The Passing of the Great Race.

It's chilling to read him and see how perfectly he described the future. When he wrote about Italians, he wasn't just engaging in historical theory ...